Spring Half Term Festival – Feb 2013
Cannon Hill Park Friends with Community Hub Workshops 16 – 23 February
Location: Big Top Studio mobile workshop on Events Organiser standing by Golden Lion
EVENTS DIARY AND PROGRAMME CONTENTS
Sat 16th OPEN DAY 10.00am to 2.00pm with Displays and Information – Park Friends 2013 Programme, Community Hub and Big Top Studio facilities. Schools photo competition sponsored by SCCB College and Park Friends.
Sun 17th FLOOD RIVER WALK – Friends and Rea Valley Conservation Group 10.30am From MAC to Ten Acres, Stirchley along old and new River courses. Notes on Friends website, supported by OPAL WM, & River Rea Heritage Trail.
Mon 18th FAMILY PROGRAMME for 8-12yrs with accompanying adults. 10 – 11.30am The BIG CARDBOARD THEATRE Workshop – Make My Play company, working with Parks for Play and BPCN. ( 10 Places ) *watch a drama production from the BCT Company, then * join a workshop to make your own cardboard characters and puppet theatre play. £1 for materials
12.30 – 2pm Explore the main park features with guides and help Park Friends create an interactive visitor trail for use with ‘Amplify the Map’ trails online. See www.cannonhillpeoplespark.net Heritage features map
2.30 – 4pm Heritage Friends Hub workshop – by invitation.
Tue 19th MAKE MY PLAY –Inclusive Play Workshop (1) for 8 – 12yrs & families 10 – 11.30am The BIG CARDBOARD THEATRE – Make My Play company Performance and puppet theatre workshop for SEN children and their family.
12.30 – 2pm Inclusive Toy-making Workshop (2) – family workshop using recycled materials to make interactive toys suitable for all abilities.
2.30 – 4pm Park Community Play Hub cluster workshop with Make My Play.
Wed 20th FAMILY PROGRAMME for 8-12 yrs with accompanying adults. 10 – 11.30am T Shirt Making Workshop (10 Places) £1 for materials Join the workshop group to design, print and assemble your own interactive techno-shirt to amaze your friends and family.
12.30 -2pm FAMILY PROGRAMME for 8 – 12yrs with accompanying adults Create and sow your own Mini-Garden Herb Tray with Change Kitchen * learn about herbs, and choose seeds to plant and grow at home, * make some healthy take-away dough for baking or pizza, and * participate in our topping taste quiz. (10 Places) £1 for materials
2.30 – 4pm Community Growing Hub workshop – by invitation.
Thu 21st FAMILY STORYMAKING PROG for 8 – 12yrs with accompanying adults * Listen and participate in a Story-in-a-Bag session, then * make your own Story Bag and stories to share with friends ,family or at school.
12.30 – 2pm PARK EXPLORERS SAFARI – collect Map at the Big Top Studio leading to clues hidden around the Park. Answer Safari questions and complete tasks to collect your Big Top Studio goody bag.
2.30 – 4pm Community Games and Sport Hub workshop –by invitation.
Fri 22nd FAMILY SHOWCASE DAY for 8 – 12yrs and accompanying adults. 10 – 11.30am WINDCHIME MAKING WORKSHOP on Park Bandstand. 10 – 2pm Display of all workshop materials in Studio.
Sat 23rd OPEN DAY – PARK FRIENDS and COMMUNITY HUBS SHOWCASE: Display of all workshop materials, and opportunities for families and volunteers to become involved with Park Community Hub projects. 10 – 2pm around Park Bandstand and Big Top Studio.
Cannon Hill Park Friends and Community Hub
www.bigtopstudio.co.uk community asset
Contact: Tony Fox firstname.lastname@example.org
CANNON HILL DIAMOND DECADES PARTY and COMMUNITY GAMES
Tuesday 5th June 2012, 12-6pm in Cannon Hill Park
- A 1952 live bandstand with Andy Hamilton and the Blue Notebenders - “big bands” swing, jive and lindyhop open dance classes, from the Coronation Year.
- A Jubilee Party Performance stage with live music, dance and artists spanning the six decades of The Queen's reign, Steel Pans and Ceilidh.
- Vintage hair and make-up, as well as the 'styl potter's - best dressed' catwalk.
- The Big Skype – connecting Birmingham’s communities world-wide to the Queen’s Jubilee Party. Also, with Andy Lounds and Astronomers Without Borders to discover the dimensions of our Earth and its neighbouring planets. Observing the rare Transit of Venus in the early morning, Dark Sky discoveries in real time, and community scientists projects over the Jubilee Day.
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital celebrate 150 Yrs with an Urban Harvest Tea Garden, Retro Games and family entertainment.
- A Storytelling tent with royal fairytales, myths, tales and contemporary story making.
- The Park Village Green area, showcasing Birmingham communities folk traditions, participation in the Cannon Hill Community Games, with matches of Kabaddi and Capoeira.
- Pawfect Dogsense – giving dog owners old and new a glimpse of the world through their animals eyes, and simplifying the science of their training and behaviour.
- Release of 60 doves by the Digbeth Pigeon Loft Arts Project
- A Screening area, showing MACE (Media Archive of Central England) film and TV footage from the Coronation Year and other City events of the Diamond Decades.
- An Exhibition ‘Played in the Park’ of Birmingham sports clubs and games with film and talk by Steve Beauchampe, author and sports historian. This will be a three month exhibition in the 1930s Sons of Rest Park Pavilion.
- The Classic Motor Bike, Caravan and Bicycle Bazaar show of iconic vehicles and cycles made in the City.
- Interactive Photo Booth Studios: 'My Coronation', 'Family Portraits', ‘Birmingham Trades’, etc.
- ‘The Birmingham Beach’ Festival Stage with deckchairs, Punch and Judy , fancy dress, and a flotilla of boats on the lake.
- Robert Wilkinson’s Fun Fair rides, Carousels, Swing Boats, Helter Skelter and Dodgems.